Sweet Potato Red Pepper (Nut Free!) Vegan Mac
No matter how "healthy" my life is, pasta will always be a part of it. It's always been a comfort food for me, and this is essentially pasta drowning in veggies so thats #health, am I right?
For this recipe you'll need a large pot to cook pasta, a pan to saute your onion and a high speed blender to blend the sauce!
- 16 oz pasta of your choice
- 16 oz jar of roasted red peppers
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 cup raw shelled hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 large baked sweet potato (or 1 small baked sweet potato)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (totally optional, but helps give that cheesy color!)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3/4 cup of water (more or less depending on how creamy you want the sauce)
- Bake sweet potato at 400 degrees for about 40-50 minutes depending on the size
- Bring a large pot of water to boil for pasta and cook according to instructions
- While the potato bakes, chop up your onion and saute in a pan with 1 tsp of olive oil
- When the onion is translucent, add to the blender with all the remaining ingredients including the baked sweet potato
- When the sauce is completely smooth, add it to the pot with cooked pasta and stir. Add pink salt and cracked pepper to your liking!
- Optional: stir in spinach, caramelized onions, or any other veggie or protein additions you like!
- ENJOY :)